1.18.2012

Stepmother's Cole Slaw

I make food.  And people like my food.  So instead of trying to catalog my less successful attempts at sewing, I will show you my cooking successes.

Right after Nick and I got together he found out I could cook.  I love to cook and bake for people who appreciate it, and Nick appreciates it.  His step mom is the same way.  And she loves cooking in huge quantities like I do, so we have a lot in common.  Jackie doesn't usually measure for her regular recipes, but I have figured out how to make her coleslaw in a more manageable way.  Here it is:


2cups shredded carrots and cabbage (or broccoli slaw, or shredded anything really!)
2T vinegar
2T sugar
1/2 cup mayo--MUST be Best Foods...or Hellman's I guess, if you are on the other side of the mountains
salt and pepper

Mix sauce.  Add to salad.  Refrigerate.  Easy peasy.

Look how orange these shredded carrots are!

No comments:

Post a Comment